Monday, December 2, 2013

Danger Dan hogs the limelight at Crystal Jade My Bread!

In September this year, I was invited to a media dinner to review Crystal Jade Steamboat Restaurant. I thought it would be a one-time thing but the lovely folks at Crystal Jade asked me back again! This time, it was for a media event to showcase Crystal Jade My Bread's Christmas offerings.

To make it even more interesting, I was invited not just as a blogger but as the author of the upcoming Danger Dan book series. That meant Lesley-Anne was also invited and of course, Danger Dan himself!


For the festive season, Crystal Jade My Bread offers a comprehensive takeaway menu which ranges from nibblets to complete party packages. Everything from turkey and ham to log cakes and cupcakes. Here are mini pizzas and mushroom vol-au-vents.


Mini egg and bacon bread rolls (background), fish and pork stick in Thai style (foreground).


Since both Lesley-Anne and I are camera shy, having Danger Dan as a guest is GREAT because he loves being the centre of attention (and trust me, he was! People were staring.)  We made him photobomb everything and it was super fun!


We also got to decorate our very own snowman cake!


And while other guests came up with pretty, jolly old Frosty...


Danger Dan had to put a creative spin on his! Zombie snowman, anyone? (And in case you couldn't tell from our abstract artistry, the mouth is actually an attempt at the Danger Dan logo). 


We had a terrific time and I can see that we're going to have a ball with Danger Dan around. By the way, all pictures were taken by Lesley-Anne. That made me Danger Dan's handler (as you can imagine, it's quite a task trying to keep him in check).

Oh yes, this post was supposed to be about the food, right? The Christmas menu is available online and at Crystal Jade My Bread outlets. Prices start at $8 for 8 mini pizzas. Pretty reasonable. You can place your orders three days in advance.

Crystal Jade hotline: 6512 0800 Mondays to Fridays, 9am - 6pm (excluding public holidays)






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...