Thursday, February 18, 2010

"All the better to eat you with, my dear"

Life through the lens of a nine-year-old:

While we were visiting an elderly relative's place during Chinese New Year, Andre had to use the bathroom. As he came out from the bathroom, his eyes were wide as dinner plates and he whispered to me urgently, "There's something in the water!"

"Aiyoh, what?" I dismissed impatiently.

"It's TEETH!"

I hastily explained that this was not a ghoul house that kept body parts... after I'd stopped giggling. I'm not sure if he was more relieved or disappointed that his gentle 80-year-old grand-aunt wasn't really an ogre in disguise.

Well, artificial body parts can be pretty cool too - just look at Darth Vader. Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the one - the first woman on the left your sister? Both of you look so alike - like your twin sister!
~ my

monlim said...

MY: Sharp eyes! Yeah, that's my younger sis :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...