Wednesday, August 19, 2009

PSLE ala Mr Brown

Tomorrow and Friday are the PSLE oral exams. AND SO IT BEGINS. (Cue dramatic Lord of the Rings soundtrack).

To all those parents with p6 kids, good luck!! Oh wait, I'm sure if your kid is in p6, you won't be reading my blog right now. Maybe not for the next two months as you go underground to prepare for PSLE commando training.

Anyway, since everyone is probably very kancheong, I'm going to attempt to provide comic relief by posting this hilarious Mr Brown video on the proposed revised PSLE exam format. See if you like it!



Ok, gonna run now. Guess what I'm gonna do for the rest of the day:

a) Pretend to help Lesley-Anne prepare for her exam
b) Pretend to work while actually playing computer games
c) Eat too many double chocolate chip cookies
d) All of the above

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

not magnesium?!

*guffaws* have fun reliving your PSLE days again!

rgds - kjj

Anonymous said...

Think I am not meant to watch this video clip...everything is black screen for me even if I watch directly at Youtube.. :(

qx

monlim said...

QX: oh, there's no video, only audio so you're not missing anything!

breve1970 said...

All the best to you in your PSLE Orals, Lesley-Anne!

monlim said...

Thanks Ann!!

hlin said...

LOL! What a hilarious one! That may be true in the future if parents (who always think that their child is the best) keep complaining that PSLE being too difficult.

Anyway, did Lesley-Anne mention about the PSLE Oral? Was it a breeze for her? :)

monlim said...

Umm... HL, L-A wasn't happy with both the English and Chinese oral, she said the pictures were difficult. Hope you had a better time!

HLin said...

Mine wasn't smooth too! For my english oral, I was so nervous that I kept stumbling over words. Luckily, I feel that I am loud enough and pronounced all the words clearly. But I would do badly for the fluency part. Which english picture was she tested, the family dinner one or the void deck picture?

HLin said...

Btw, what's 'ala'?

monlim said...

"ala" means "in the style of".

L-A got the family dinner one. But she said the Chinese oral picture was a killer.

hlin said...

What was the chinese oral picture about?

monlim said...

Classroom celebrating something for teacher. Was yours the same?

HLin said...

Erm, no. There are two different sets, and for the Chinese Oral, I got the one about park. But don't worry, if the picture is so difficult, I am sure the teachers will lower the standards. :)

breve1970 said...

Hmmmm... I wouldn't know how to describe void desk in Chinese... ZU WU LOU XIA? Gosh... sounds strange.

L-A and HLin, all the best to you two in your major exams!

aunty ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...